Weight loss so far...

Monday 21 September 2009

WEEK 2...and the stale mate continues...

So i weighed in again and i stayed the same. I know, i know... i seem to be missing the point of weight LOSS! I would like to say i don't understand why etc etc. In some ways that is true. I have exercised more, i have been eating really well and doing a lot more home cooking. I haven't had the bars of chocolate and pizzas that i craved. However the scale never lies does it. I know i could have been better this week. I haven't been conscious of portion control, i haven't pointed my meals, i haven't made sure i was eating consistently as for a couple of days i was just so busy i skipped meals. So i know what i could do better. It's so annoying when you only have yourself to blame!

However even though the end result wasn't great, i am a bit proud of myself this week. I stuck to exercising 3 times a week, i used all of my veg box and made some gorgeous new recipes. I have been practising having a more positive mental attitude and enjoying the little things in life. I've even caught myself singing along to the radio! I hope this change of attitude will help me have a great week next week. As I'm sure lots of people will empathise with, it's so hard to pull yourself up when you are depressed. It has been all about me taking one step forward and 5 steps back lately.

So here's what I'm going to focus on next week...

Continuing to keep up the exercise, pointing all my meals, and using the WW website for new recipes.

baby steps people, baby steps!

I am also considering changing jobs. I love my job but find it very isolating as i work from home and do not have the necessary emotional support from my office to deal with the issues i see every day. This definitely has an impact on all other areas of my life. I'm thinking of just getting a carer job for evenings and weekends. It would mean i see more of my baby girl but probably less of my husband. Plus i wouldn't be able to see my parents as frequently, as we have to visit them at weekends. However if I'm successful in getting pregnant, this is the route i would have to take anyway to bring in some money, as i couldn't afford childcare for 2 children (nor would i want to put them into child care!) So maybe sooner rather then later... watch this space.

Please pray for me to enable me to continue the good work i am putting in and to take it to the next level and get some serious results. I hope you all had a good week too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment